About Dr. Alan Breidahl
Dr. Alan Breidahl is one of Australia’s most respected Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. He is a specialist in post-traumatic and cleft lip-associated Rhinoplasty and has over 20 years clinical experience in all areas of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, including face lift, breast augmentation and reduction, liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedures.
As an important adjunct to his work in Australia Dr. Breidahl participates in surgical missions to South East Asia – performing life-changing cranio-facial surgeries and teaching local doctors through organisations such as Interplast and Operation Smile.
Whether you are considering a simple non-operative freshen-up, a minor cosmetic procedure, or full facial and body rejuvenation, Dr. Breidahl works to create subtle and balanced surgical outcomes with minimal scarring – boosting patient confidence and providing a more youthful appearance without the tell-tale signs of surgery.
Your safety and satisfaction is Dr. Breidahl's highest priority. Dr. Breidahl is dedicated to communicating clearly and openly to discuss your needs and expectations and explore non-operative alternatives. This collaborative doctor-patient relationship is essential to achieve the best results.
Dr Breidahl’s extensive training in Medicine and Plastic Surgery has been undertaken in Australia, at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and St Vincent’s Hospital, as well as internationally, with residencies at New York University Hospital; University of California, Los Angeles; Great Ormond Street Hospital, London; Medical City Hospital, Dallas; and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei.
Dr Breidahl has consolidated his training by achieving the qualification of Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery (FRACS), the highest level of qualification in the field. Dr Breidahl also holds a Master of Surgery and Master of Medicine from the University of Melbourne, as well as a post-graduate Diploma of Anatomy.
- Sir Winston Churchill Fellowship, 1995
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International, 2008
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Certificate of Outstanding Contribution to the College, 2008
- Australian Government Certificate of Appreciation for Contributions to International Aid, 2008
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Children’s Hospital, 1996-2007
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Melbourne Hospital, 1996-present
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon to Cleft and Craniofacial Clinic, Royal Melbourne Hospital, 2004-present
- Honorary Senior Fellow (Senior Lecturer) University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery 1997-2012
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons, Secretary 2004-2006, Vice President 2006-2008, President 2008-2010
- Plastic Surgery Representative to Epworth Medical Advisory Committee, 1999- 2007
- Member, Skin Cancer Subcommittee, Victorian Anti Cancer Council, 1999-present
Membership of Professional Associations
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1998–present
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of Surgeons, 1995
- Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Australian College of Surgeons 1995–present
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons , 1998–present
- International Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, 1995–present
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, 1998–present
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons, founding member 1999-present
- Australian Hand Surgery Society, 2000–present
- Melbourne University Transplantation Society 1988
- Surgical Research Society of Australia, Life member, 1989
Dr. Breidahl has published over 20 papers in international journals, two chapters in surgical text books, and is a valued presenter at seminars and conventions throughout the world. He also holds two research degrees by thesis, Master of Medicine and Master of Surgery, both from the University of Melbourne.